- 1 of 7 In medium-size bowl, whisk together 2-1/2 cups of the flour, the baking powder and salt.
- 2 of 7 In a second bowl, beat together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in extract. Stir in flour mixture.
- 3 of 7 Divide dough in half. Tint half with a few drops of red food coloring; add crushed candies and remaining 1/4 cup flour. Divide pink dough in half; shape into 2 flat rectangles, about 4 x 2 inches. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 4 of 7 Knead cocoa powder into remaining half of plain dough. Divide dough in half; shape into 2 flat 4 x 2-inch rectangles as above. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 5 of 7 Between 2 sheets of waxed paper, roll out one chocolate square into 10 x 7-inch rectangle. Repeat with one of the pink squares. Refrigerate both for 15 minutes. Peel off top sheets from doughs. Invert pink onto chocolate dough; remove paper from pink dough. Roll up doughs. Repeat with remaining dough. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate both logs 2 hours.
- 6 of 7 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with nonstick foil or coat baking sheets with cooking spray. Unwrap one log. Cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place on prepared sheets. Repeat with remaining log.
- 7 of 7 Bake in 350 degrees F oven 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies stand on sheets 1 minute. Transfer cookies to rack; cool.
Servings Per Recipe:
Per Serving: 15 mg chol., 2 g sat. fat, 0 g fiber, 32 mg sodium, 9 g carb., 3 g Fat, total, 66 kcal cal., 1 g pro.