- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 350 degrees . Coat 2 large baking sheets with cooking spray.
- 2 of 6 In medium-size bowl, whisk together flour and salt.
- 3 of 6 In large bowl, on medium-high speed, beat together butter, sugar and extract until creamy, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour mixture, nuts and pineapple until dough forms.
- 4 of 6 Divide dough into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a ball. Place 3 balls on a prepared baking sheet; flatten each into 5-inch round. Smooth edge; press tines of fork around edge. Cut each into 8 equal triangles; do not pull apart. Repeat with remaining dough and second baking sheet.
- 5 of 6 Bake in 350 degrees oven for about 15 minutes or until just lightly golden.
- 6 of 6 While still hot, recut rounds into triangles. Transfer to rack; let cool.
- 1 of 1 In small bowl, stir together sugar and juice until smooth. Divide icing in half; tint half with red food color. Spoon each icing into a pastry bag fitted with a small writing tip. Pipe alternating stripes into indentations on each cookie. Let dry.
Servings Per Recipe: 48
Per Serving: 3 g sat. fat, 1 g fiber, 13 mg sodium, 1 g pro., 110 kcal cal., 13 g carb., 10 mg chol., 6 g Fat, total