- 1 of 6 Mix flour and salt in bowl.
- 2 of 6 Beat butter in another bowl until creamy, 3 minutes. Beat in sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg. Using wooden spoon, stir in flour mixture. Stir in candies. Divide dough in half; shape each half into 4 x 4-inch square. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- 3 of 6 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- 4 of 6 Roll out dough, half at a time, between 2 sheets of waxed paper into 12 x 10-inch rectangle, 1/8-inch thick. If dough is too soft, refrigerate until firm. Cut each half into 2-inch squares. For each square, cut diagonally from each corner toward center, about 3/4 inch. Turn down alternate corners of each cookie, placing tips in center to create a pinwheel effect. Place cookies, 1 inch apart, on prepared baking sheets.
- 5 of 6 Bake in 350 degree F oven 6 to 8 minutes or until firm; watch carefully so edges of cookies do not overbrown. Remove cookies to wire racks to cool.
- 6 of 6 When cooled, fill pastry bag fitted with 1/4-inch writing or star tip with frosting. Pipe medium-size dot in center of each poinsettia. Dip frosting into sprinkles to cover dot. Let stand until set. Store in airtight container at room temperature up to 5 days. Makes 5 dozen cookies.
Servings Per Recipe:
Per Serving: 2 g sat. fat, 56 kcal cal., 0 g fiber, 41 mg sodium, 3 g Fat, total, 12 mg chol., 1 g pro., 6 g carb.