Rocky Road Shortbread
- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- 2 of 6 Blend flour, walnuts and salt in a bowl.
- 3 of 6 In second bowl, beat together butter, sugar and vanilla for 2 minutes or until creamy and smooth. Stir in flour mixture.
- 4 of 6 Roll 1 tablespoon dough into a ball; place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough. Gently flatten each ball to a 1/2-inch thickness and smooth its edges. Bake at 350 degrees for 16 minutes or until lightly browned at edges.
- 5 of 6 Meanwhile, stir together marshmallows and coarsely chopped walnuts in a small bowl. Melt semisweet chocolate chips in another small bowl in microwave oven for 1 minute, stirring halfway through.
- 6 of 6 Remove cookies from oven and spread each with 1 teaspoon of the chocolate, then sprinkle with the marshmallow mixture. Return to the oven for 1 to 2 minutes, until the marshmallows soften. Let cool on baking sheet on wire rack for 2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 16 cookies.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Per Serving: 11 g Fat, total, 16 g carb., 3 g pro., 169 kcal cal., 5 g sat. fat, 15 mg chol., 40 mg sodium, 1 g fiber