- 1 of 5 Mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- 2 of 5 Beat butter and sugar in bowl until smooth, 2 minutes. Beat in egg until fluffy, 1 minute. On low, beat in flour mixture until stiff dough forms. Divide in half; flatten each half. Wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or overnight. Let stand at room temperature 15 minutes before rolling.
- 3 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat baking sheets with cooking spray. Flour dough. Roll out half, 1/4 inch thick. Cut out shapes using cutters. Reroll scraps. Place cookies, 1 inch apart, on sheets. Repeat with other half.
- 4 of 5 Bake in 350 degree F oven 8 to 10 minutes, until golden around edges. Remove to racks to cool.
- 5 of 5 With small paint- brush, coat cookies with thinned Royal Icing. Let dry. Pipe on thicker icing. Makes about 36 (3-inch) cookies.
Servings Per Recipe: