- 1 of 1 In medium bowl, whisk flour, pecans, salt and baking powder. In large bowl, beat butter, sugar and 2 eggs until fluffy and smooth, 2 minutes. Beat in vanilla. On low speed, beat in flour mixture until dough forms. Divide dough in half; shape each half into 8-inch disc. Wrap in plastic; chill 1-1/2 hours or overnight.
- 1 of 6 Pour the boiling water over apricots and raisins in a bowl. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain fruit; transfer to food processor. Add sugar and cinnamon and process until smooth. Divide filling in half; tint half red, if desired. Set aside.
- 2 of 6 Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place the remaining egg in a bowl; whisk lightly.
- 3 of 6 On a well-floured surface, roll out half of dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut circles with 3-5/8-inch round cookie cutter; reroll scraps to yield 1 more cookie for a total of 9. Discard scraps.
- 4 of 6 Move cookies to ungreased baking sheets (6 per sheet). Fill centers of cookies with 1 tablespoon filling (either color). Chill 5 minutes. Fold up and pinch edges of circles to form a tri-cornered cookie, leaving some filling exposed. Brush with egg.
- 5 of 6 Bake in 375 degree F oven until browned around edges, 14 to 16 minutes, rotating sheets halfway. Cool cookies on sheets on racks 2 minutes. Move cookies to racks to cool completely.
- 6 of 6 Repeat process with second half of dough as in steps 4 and 5. Bake as in step 6. Store in an airtight container at room temp for up to 1 week. Makes 18 cookies.
Servings Per Recipe: 18
Per Serving: 7 g sat. fat, 57 mg chol., 15 g Fat, total, 42 g carb., 4 g pro., 313 kcal cal., 120 mg sodium, 2 g fiber