Cornbread and Chorizo Dressing
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 of 5 Heat 2 tbsp of the butter in a small skillet; add peppers and cook 3 minutes, until softened. Set aside, add remaining 2 tbsp butter and allow to melt.
- 3 of 5 In a large bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Make a well in center and add buttermilk, egg and butter-and-pepper mixture. Mix until just combined. Spoon into prepared baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Turn out cornbread and cool slightly. With a serrated knife, cut into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl.
- 4 of 5 In the same small skillet, heat olive oil. Add chorizo and cook 1 minute, until lightly crisp. Add to cornbread cubes; stir in broth and cheese.
- 5 of 5 Spoon into a baking dish; bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes until warm and cheese is melted. Serve with turkey and gravy.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 11 g pro., 713 mg sodium, 15 g Fat, total, 58 mg chol., 315 kcal cal., 1 g fiber, 7 g sat. fat, 33 g carb.