Crab and Corn Chowder
- 1 of 5 Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add oil, and once its hot, add onion, garlic, serrano pepper and corn. Stir to combine and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until onions become soft and translucent.
- 2 of 5 Add chili powder, cumin and paprika and stir to combine. Turn up heat to medium-high and add chicken broth and 1 cup water, stirring to combine. Add reserved corncobs, bring to a simmer and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes.
- 3 of 5 Remove corncobs. Carefully ladle 2 cups of the chowder, with vegetables, into a blender and blend until smooth. (Be sure to hold down the blenders lid tightly with a towel; hot liquid will create steam pressure in blender.)
- 4 of 5 Add pureed chowder back to pot and stir to combine. Reduce heat to low and add cilantro, crabmeat, lime juice and salt. Stir gently and cook for 5 minutes.
- 5 of 5 Taste and adjust seasoning; adjust thickness by adding more water if needed.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 205 kcal cal., 7 g Fat, total, 3 g fiber, 18 g pro., 1023 mg sodium, 54 mg chol., 1 g sat. fat, 22 g carb.