- 1 of 4 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 medium-size muffin-pan cups with paper liners.
- 2 of 4 Mix flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda and baking powder in bowl.
- 3 of 4 Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until light and fluffy. Add whole eggs and whites, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Alternately beat in flour mixture with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Spoon scant 1/4 cup batter into each prepared muffin cup.
- 4 of 4 Bake in 350 degrees F oven for 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove cupcakes to racks to cool.
Prepare Cupcake Frosting:
- 1 of 2 Beat butter or margarine, in medium-size bowl with electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually beat in sifted confectioners sugar alternately with milk and vanilla until smooth and good spreading consistency. Beat in pinch of salt.
- 2 of 2 Frost cupcakes, tinting batches of frosting with food coloring for desired colors. Decorate tops of cupcakes, using candies.
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Per Serving: 1 g fiber, 174 mg sodium, 263 kcal cal., 3 g pro., 44 g carb., 9 g Fat, total, 41 mg chol., 5 g sat. fat