Filling and Swirl:
- 1 of 4 Heat oven to 350 degrees . Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- 2 of 4 Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Whisk to blend. Combine the buttermilk and the vanilla in a measuring cup.
- 3 of 4 Beat the butter and the sugar in a medium mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium high speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour mixture alternating with the buttermilk mixture, starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- 4 of 4 Divide the batter between the prepared muffin pans. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool 10 minutes. Invert and cool completely.
Filling and Swirl:
- 1 of 1 Beat butter in a medium-size bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioners' sugar. Add 2 tablespoons of the milk and beat 5 minutes until almost white and light and fluffy. Add additional milk if mixture is too thick. Spoon frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a medium-size plain round tip. Remove cakes from pan. Insert tip of pastry bag into top of cakes, about 1/2 inch deep, and squeeze.
Meanwhile, make the Glaze:
- 1 of 3 Heat the cream and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat until it just comes to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips. Cover and let stand 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth.
- 2 of 3 Dip the tops of the filled cupcakes into the chocolate glaze. Place on a cooling rack to set for 10 minutes.
- 3 of 3 Change the piping tip for the vanilla frosting to a smaller round tip. Pipe decorative swirls on top of the glazed cupcakes.
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Per Serving: 156 mg sodium, 256 kcal cal., 4 g pro., 37 g carb., 12 g Fat, total, 49 mg chol., 7 g sat. fat, 2 g fiber