For Flower Decorations:
- 1 of 2 Prepare and frost cupcakes.
- 2 of 2 To decorate, begin by flattening gumdrops into circles with a rolling pin. Form into a flower shape. Try one of these four varieties:
- 1 of 1 Cut out a tiny wedge from a gumdrop center; discard. Twist one edge of break in circle over the other.
- 1 of 1 Cut many slits in a gumdrop almost to the center; feather edges toward center.
- 1 of 1 Cut four slits in a gumdrop and crumple "petals" inward.
- 1 of 1 Pinch edges of gumdrop in four places to create four corners.
For flower centers:
- 1 of 1 Cut candy-coated licorice pieces in half; attach to centers of flowers with frosting.
- 1 of 1 Cut off four thin edges from green gumdrop circles; twist slightly and attach to flowers with frosting.
Servings Per Recipe: