- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line depressions of 2 jumbo muffin pans (12 total) with paper or foil liners.
- 2 of 6 Into small bowl, sift flour, cocoa and baking powder. In large bowl, beat butter until smooth. Beat in sugar until fluffy, 3 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- 3 of 6 In small bowl, stir together milk, liqueur and vanilla.
- 4 of 6 On low speed, alternately beat flour mixture and milk mixture into butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Divide batter among prepared cups, about 1/2 cup each. Unwrap truffles; press one down to bottom of each cupcake and spread batter over top of truffle to cover.
- 5 of 6 Bake in 350 degree F oven until tops spring back when lightly pressed, 25 minutes. Let cupcakes cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes to rack; let cool.
- 6 of 6 Frost each with 1 rounded tablespoon hazelnut spread. Garnish with nuts. Store in airtight container for 1 week. Makes 12 cupcakes.
Servings Per Recipe: