- 1 of 8 Mix flour, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter and shortening with pastry blender until consistency of coarse cornmeal.
- 2 of 8 Stir in enough milk to make soft dough. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface. Gently knead a few times; do not overwork. Shape into disk; wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- 3 of 8 Peel apples. Core out center, making hole with diameter of 1 inch; do not cut through bottom of apple.
- 4 of 8 Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll out 1 piece on lightly floured surface into 10-inch square. Place apple in center of pastry. Fill center with 1 cinnamon stick, 1/2 teaspoon marmalade and 1 tablespoon of each of the sugars. Brush edge of dough with water. Gather up corners of pastry and bring together at top, twisting ends together decoratively. Trim off any excess dough. Press pastry to smoothly enclose apple. Repeat with remaining pieces of dough and apples.
- 5 of 8 Place on greased baking sheet. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- 6 of 8 Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 7 of 8 Brush each dumpling with milk; sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- 8 of 8 Bake in 400 degrees F oven 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cut apples in half down through stem. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 57 g carb., 5 g pro., 34 mg chol., 19 g Fat, total, 10 g sat. fat, 3 g fiber, 290 mg sodium, 413 kcal cal.