Cherry Mousse Meringues
- 1 of 1 Heat oven to 225 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with nonstick aluminum foil. Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter, trace 8 circles onto foil, leaving space between circles.
- 1 of 4 With an electric mixer, beat egg whites and cream of tartar until foamy. Slowly add sugar, and beat until stiff, glossy peaks form.
- 2 of 4 Spread 1/3 cup meringue onto each circle, spreading smooth. Transfer remaining meringue to pastry bag fitted with large star tip. Pipe 10 to 12 kisses onto foil.
- 3 of 4 Bake meringues in 225 degrees F oven for 2 hours or until dry. Turn oven off; let meringues cool in oven 30 minutes.
- 4 of 4 Remove meringues from oven; let cool completely. Remove from foil.
- 1 of 3 Meanwhile, pour 3/4 cup of half-and-half into medium-size microwave-safe bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over top; let stand 5 minutes. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir to dissolve gelatin. Add ice cubes; stir until mixture is thickened and most of ice cubes have melted. Strain.
- 2 of 3 Pour remaining 3/4 cup half-and-half into a clean bowl. Sprinkle whipped topping mix over top. With an electric mixer, beat until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Beat in gelatin mixture, cherry liqueur and food coloring. Beat on high speed until thickened, about 4 minutes. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Fold in halved cherries. Refrigerate until serving.
- 3 of 3 Spoon 3/4 cup cherry mousse onto each round. Top with meringue kiss.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 74 mg sodium, 4 g pro., 190 kcal cal., 0 g fiber, 0 mg chol., 2 g sat. fat, 2 g Fat, total, 35 g carb.