Chilled Strawberry Souffle
- 1 of 6 Fold 26-inch piece foil lengthwise in half. Attach to 1-quart souffle dish to create 3-inch collar above top of dish.
- 2 of 6 In bowl, mix powdered whites and water; let stand.
- 3 of 6 Drain strawberries, reserving syrup. In food processor, puree strawberries. Place puree in large metal bowl.
- 4 of 6 In saucepan, mix gelatin and 1/4 cup sugar. Stir in reserved syrup and yolks. Let gelatin soften, 1 minute. Over medium-low, cook, stirring, to dissolve gelatin, 8 minutes; do not boil (by 5 minutes, temperature should be 140 degrees F and then remain there for next 3 minutes). Pour into puree.
- 5 of 6 On high speed, beat reconstituted whites until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar until stiff peaks form. In clean small bowl, beat cream just until stiff.
- 6 of 6 Cool gelatin-puree mixture in ice water bath, stirring frequently, until like sour cream, 6 minutes. Remove from bath. Fold in whites and cream. Pour into souffle dish. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. Remove collar. Serve.
Servings Per Recipe: 12