- 1 of 7 Thaw puff pastry according to package directions.
- 2 of 7 Stir together sugar and cornstarch in medium-size saucepan until blended. Stir in cranberries, pears, ginger, lime juice and allspice. Bring to simmering over medium heat, stirring occasionally; simmer 8 minutes or until the fruits are tender. Set aside to cool.
- 3 of 7 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 4 of 7 Cut one sheet of pastry in half across the width. Roll out each half with a lightly floured rolling pin on a lightly floured surface, one piece into a 15 x 7-inch rectangle and the other into a 14 x 6-inch rectangle. Fold larger rectangle lengthwise in half. Along long folded edge, cut parallel slits, 1/2 inch apart and about 2-1/2 inches long.
- 5 of 7 Place the smaller rectangle on an ungreased baking sheet. Spread half of the filling lengthwise down the center in a 3-inch-wide strip, leaving a 1-1/2-inch border at each short end of the pastry
- 6 of 7 Brush edges of pastry around filling with egg. Top with remaining larger pastry sheet, pressing edges lightly to seal. Brush top lightly with egg. Trim edges even with a sharp knife. Repeat with remaining sheet of pastry and filling.
- 7 of 7 Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Cool to room temperature. Serve with sweetened whipped cream if you wish.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Per Serving: 25 g Fat, total, 27 mg chol., 183 mg sodium, 591 kcal cal., 6 g pro., 89 g carb.