Creamy Peach Packets
- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with nonstick foil, or with regular foil coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 of 6 Unfold pastry sheets on work surface. Slice sheets along the fold lines, making six pieces, 10 inches by about 3 inches. Cut 4 of the strips crosswise into thirds, creating 12 squares total. Transfer 6 squares to each of the foil-lined baking sheets.
- 3 of 6 Slice each of the 2 remaining pastry pieces crosswise into 24 strips, about 3 inches by 1/3 inch, for a total of 48 strips. With pastry brush, lightly brush egg white onto pastry squares. Place thin strips around edges of squares to make border (you will need 4 strips per square).
- 4 of 6 Bake 1 baking sheet of pastry squares in 400 degrees F oven for 10 minutes or until puffed and lightly colored. Remove. Repeat with second sheet.
- 5 of 6 While squares are baking, in small bowl, beat together egg yolk, ricotta cheese, sugar, flour and cinnamon. Once both baking sheets of puff pastry have been pre-baked, spoon generous tablespoon of ricotta mixture into center of each. Return both sheets to 400 degrees F oven and bake 10 to 12 minutes more or until cheese mixture is set.
- 6 of 6 Meanwhile, in small saucepan or in small bowl in microwave oven, melt peach preserves. Once packets have been removed from the oven, top each with 4 peach slices. Brush with preserves. Return sheets to oven for 2 minutes to warm peaches and glaze. Serve packets slightly warm.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 26 mg chol., 5 g sat. fat, 35 g carb., 18 g Fat, total, 322 kcal cal., 6 g pro., 126 mg sodium, 2 g fiber