Curried Nuts and Apricots
- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a nonstick 15 by 10-inch jelly-roll pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 of 6 With a vegetable peeler, remove peel from lemon, lime and orange. Cut into thin strips. Set aside.
- 3 of 6 In a large bowl, whisk together egg whites, brown sugar, curry powder, salt, paprika and cayenne pepper. Add reserved lemon, lime and orange peels, nuts and apricots. Stir until nuts and apricots are coated with the sugar and curry mixture
- 4 of 6 Spread onto prepared baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes, turning every 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely
- 5 of 6 Store nuts in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- 6 of 6 To present, place nuts in a glass airtight container. Decorate with holiday ribbon bows. For a thoughtful touch, tuck in a set of sleek measuring spoons. Include an aperitif if desired.
Servings Per Recipe:
Per Serving: 5 g fiber, 4 g sat. fat, 316 kcal cal., 425 mg sodium, 23 g Fat, total, 0 mg chol., 8 g pro., 24 g carb.