Frozen Raspberry Mousse
- 1 of 5 Line long sides and bottom of 8-1/2 x 4-1/2-inch loaf pan with waxed paper, with a little overhang along both long sides. Spread ice cream evenly over bottom of pan and up the long sides, forming a U-shape. Place in freezer until firm.
- 2 of 5 Meanwhile, stir together powdered egg whites and 3 tablespoons water in medium-size bowl to dissolve whites. Let stand.
- 3 of 5 Puree raspberries, jam, 2 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice in blender or food processor. Force through sieve with rubber spatula to remove seeds.
- 4 of 5 Beat egg white mixture until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 5 of 5 With same beaters, beat heavy cream in large bowl until soft peaks form. Fold raspberry mixture, then egg whites into beaten cream. Spoon into ice cream-lined loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze overnight. To serve, unmold, and slice. Garnish with berries, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 2 g pro., 23 g carb., 9 g Fat, total, 35 mg chol., 6 g sat. fat, 181 kcal cal., 1 g fiber, 46 mg sodium