German Apple Strudel
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 375 degrees F. In small saucepan, heat brandy. Add raisins; let stand to plump, about 10 minutes.
- 2 of 5 For filling, combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, rind and raisins with accumulated liquid in large bowl.
- 3 of 5 Unroll phyllo on work surface; cover with damp towel. Lay out 1 sheet. Brush lightly with butter. Place another sheet on top; brush with butter. Repeat 8 more times, brushing each layer with butter.
- 4 of 5 Spoon filling along a long side of phyllo, 3 inches in from edge, leaving 1 inch at either end. Fold both short sides over filling. Fold 3-inch-wide-long strip over filling; roll up, jelly-roll style. Place, seam side down, on ungreased rimmed baking sheet. Make 6 slits in top. Brush with butter.
- 5 of 5 Bake in 375 degrees F oven 35 to 40 minutes, until nicely browned. Let cool on rack. Dust with confectioners sugar.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 3 g pro., 47 g carb., 290 kcal cal., 6 g sat. fat, 10 g Fat, total, 23 mg chol., 118 mg sodium, 2 g fiber