Lime Chiffon Pie
- 1 of 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 1 of 2 Combine cookie crumbs, butter and sugar in small bowl until blended. Press crumb mixture over bottom of 10-inch pie plate.
- 2 of 2 Bake in 375 degree F oven for 6 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.
Prepare the Filling:
- 1 of 5 Sprinkle the unflavored gelatin over the cold water in a small bowl (see below); let stand until the gelatin is softened, about 5 minutes.
- 2 of 5 Meanwhile, whisk together egg yolks and sugar in medum-size saucepan until well blended. Gradually mix in lime juice, lime rind and salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon well; do not let boil or mixture will curdle. Remove from heat.
- 3 of 5 Stir softened gelatin mixture into the egg mixture until dissolved. Set aside to cool until slightly thickened.
- 4 of 5 Beat together the meringue powder and water In a medium-size bowl with mixer on high speed until soft peaks form. Fold cooled egg yolk mixture into meringue mixture until just blended.
- 5 of 5 Beat the heavy cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold the meringue mixture gently into the whipped cream mixture until blended. Spoon the mixture into the cooled crust. Refrigerate until chilled, about 4 hours. Garnish if desired. Makes 10 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 10
Per Serving: 20 g Fat, total, 38 g carb., 137 mg chol., 242 mg sodium, 4 g pro., 332 kcal cal.