Mango Ice-Cream Boats
- 1 of 6 Pulse together raspberries and sugar in food processor until raspberries are pureed to create a sauce. Scrape into fine-mesh sieve over a bowl. Using a rubber spatula, force puree through sieve to remove seeds; discard seeds.
- 2 of 6 Slice down side of one mango, alongside the pit, removing one whole side of mango. Repeat with other fleshy side of mango. Discard pit. Repeat with other 2 mangoes.
- 3 of 6 Prepare grill with medium-hot coals, or heat gas grill to medium-high, or see Stovetop Method, below.
- 4 of 6 In a small bowl, stir together peach preserves, vinegar, vanilla, cinnamon and cloves. Brush small amount over cut sides of mangoes.
- 5 of 6 Place mango halves, skin side down, on grill. Cover grill. Grill 6 minutes. Flip mangoes halves over; grill, cut side down, 3 minutes. Flip over one more time; brush with any remaining preserves mixture; grill another 3 minutes.
- 6 of 6 To serve, place a mango boat on each of 6 dessert plates. Top each with 1/2-cup scoop of the vanilla ice cream. Drizzle with a little raspberry sauce. Serve immediately.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 5 g sat. fat, 29 mg chol., 39 g carb., 7 g Fat, total, 271 kcal cal., 6 g pro., 65 mg sodium, 2 g fiber