Mixed Berry Cobbler
- 1 of 1 Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 1 of 2 Mix together the berries, lemon rind, lemon juice, sugar and tapioca in large bowl until well combined. Let stand for 15 minutes. Spoon a scant 1 cup of the mixture into each of six 1-cup ramekins. Place ramekins on baking sheet.
- 2 of 2 Bake in 375 degree F oven for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- 1 of 3 Stir together the flour, wheat germ, baking powder and salt in a medium-size bowl. Cut in the butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the milk until the dough comes together (the dough will be sticky).
- 2 of 3 Remove the baking sheet with the ramekins from the oven. Gently stir the filling in each ramekin. Drop a scant 1/4 cup of dough over the filling in each ramekin. Brush the dough with the egg white; sprinkle evenly with the sugar.
- 3 of 3 Return the baking sheet with the ramekins to 375 degree F oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the biscuit topping is golden. Transfer the ramekins to a wire rack and let cool slightly. Serve the cobblers ramekins warm. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 24 mg chol., 5 g sat. fat, 9 g Fat, total, 6 g fiber, 215 mg sodium, 5 g pro., 68 g carb., 366 kcal cal.