Mixed Berry Coconut Shortcakes
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Mix flour, baking powder, salt and rind in bowl. Cut in butter until fine crumbs. Stir in 1 cup coconut. Stir in milk just until mixture comes together.
- 2 of 5 On floured surface, pat dough into 9 x 6-inch rectangle, 1/2 inch thick. Cut into 6 squares (3 x 3 inches). Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- 3 of 5 Bake 12 to 14 minutes, until golden. Cool. Lower to 350 degrees F. Spread remaining coconut on baking sheet. Bake 2 minutes; stir; bake 2 minutes or until golden.
- 4 of 5 Mix strawberries, blackberries, 2 tablespoons sugar and lemon juice in bowl. Beat cream and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in bowl until soft peaks form.
- 5 of 5 Split shortcakes in half horizontally. Assemble shortcakes with berry mixture and whipped cream. Makes 6 shortcakes.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 23 g sat. fat, 88 mg chol., 34 g Fat, total, 49 g carb., 5 g pro., 512 kcal cal., 315 mg sodium, 5 g fiber