pineapple crumb buns
- 1 of 5 In a small saucepan, heat milk, sugar, shortening and salt over medium heat until shortening is melted. Cool until lukewarm.
- 2 of 5 Add warm water to large bowl and sprinkle yeast over top. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Stir to dissolve yeast. Add lukewarm milk mixture, eggs and 1/2 cup of flour. Stir with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in remaining flour until dough comes together.
- 3 of 5 Turn dough out onto floured work surface. Knead 5 minutes or until smooth. Place in greased bowl; turn to coat. Cover and let rise in warm place until doubled, 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- 4 of 5 Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Punch dough down. Roll out on floured surface to a rectangle about 18 x 15 inches. Spoon spreadable fruit over left side of dough; fold the other side of dough over the fruit like a book. Place in prepared pan and pat evenly into pan to edges. Cover with clean cloth and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour or until almost doubled.
- 5 of 5 Heat oven to 375 F.
- 1 of 2 Whisk flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in bowl. Stir in melted butter until crumbly. Crumble topping evenly over dough.
- 2 of 2 Bake at 375 F for 30 minutes, until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool pan on rack 30 minutes. Dust with confectioners sugar.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Per Serving: 382 kcal cal., 54 g carb., 5 g pro., 1 g fiber, 133 mg sodium, 58 mg chol., 17 g Fat, total, 9 g sat. fat