Pineapple Spanish Cream 1930's
- 1 of 6 Sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup milk; let stand to soften, 5 minutes.
- 2 of 6 Heat remaining milk in top of double boiler over simmering water until bubbles appear around edge.
- 3 of 6 Stir together yolks, sugar and salt in small bowl. Slowly whisk 1/2 cup warmed milk into yolk mixture. Whisk yolk mixture into warmed milk. Cook 2 minutes or until instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees .
- 4 of 6 Remove top of double boiler from heat. Stir in softened gelatin until completely dissolved. Add juice and vanilla. Chill in ice bath, stirring, 25 minutes or until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon.
- 5 of 6 Beat powdered egg white mixture in small bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold into chilled mixture. Pour into 8-cup decorative tube pan. Refrigerate 7 hours or overnight.
- 6 of 6 Unmold and garnish with pineapple chunks if desired. Makes 16 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Per Serving: 11 g carb., 3 g Fat, total, 77 kcal cal., 0 g fiber, 3 g pro., 62 mg sodium, 1 g sat. fat, 46 mg chol.