- 1 of 2 Bring large pot of water to a boil. With small knife, make an X in bottom of peaches. Carefully drop peaches into boiling water; boil 2 to 3 minutes or until skins loosen. Fill large bowl with cool water and ice cubes. Remove peaches and drop into ice water to stop the cooking. Beginning at X at bottom of peaches, peel skin off peaches. Slice peaches in half; remove pits.
- 2 of 2 In medium-size saucepan, combine wine and sugar. Bring just to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add cinnamon stick, allspice, peppercorns and cloves. Add peach halves. Cover; simmer 20 minutes.
- 1 of 1 Meanwhile, in medium-size bowl, combine heavy cream and confectioners sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in yogurt. Cover and chill.
- 1 of 2 Line baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil, or with regular foil, lightly coated with cooking spray. In medium-size heavy-bottomed saucepan (not nonstick), heat together sugar, water and salt over medium-high heat until mixture begins to turn light caramel color, about 7 minutes. Remove from heat; quickly stir in chopped nuts. Carefully spread onto foil-lined pan, making mixture as flat as possible. Let cool.
- 2 of 2 Once peaches are done, with slotted spoon, transfer peaches to glass bowl. Strain poaching liquid to remove spices; return liquid to saucepan. Boil liquid in saucepan over high heat for 10 minutes or until slightly reduced (you should have about 2 cups). Let syrup cool slightly. Pour over peaches in bowl.
- 1 of 1 Place 1 peach half on a plate or in small bowl. Drizzle with a little syrup. Top with Cream Topping. Garnish with piece of Hazelnut Praline. Makes 12 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 298 kcal cal., 3 g pro., 21 mg chol., 4 g sat. fat, 42 g carb., 10 g Fat, total, 2 g fiber, 28 mg sodium