Simone's Frosted Oranges
- 1 of 7 Slice oranges crosswise in half. Scoop out flesh of orange and reserve for snacks or salads.
- 2 of 7 Freeze orange shells for 20 minutes or until frozen.
- 3 of 7 Pour orange juice concentrate into medium-size bowl; freeze just until slushy, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 4 of 7 Meanwhile, place ice cream in refrigerator to soften, 15 to 30 minutes.
- 5 of 7 Whisk about 1/2 cup of ice cream and the orange extract into slushy concentrate until well blended. Whisk in remaining ice cream just until smooth.
- 6 of 7 Immediately spoon ice-cream mixture into empty frozen orange shells. Return filled orange shells to freezer for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 7 of 7 To serve, remove filled orange halves from freezer and let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes to soften. Garnish with long strips of orange rind if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 7 g Fat, total, 29 mg chol., 5 g sat. fat, 0 g fiber, 191 kcal cal., 3 g pro., 29 g carb., 54 mg sodium