Spiced Pear Cobbler
- 1 of 1 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat shallow 2-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 1 of 1 In a large bowl, with a rubber spatula, gently fold together the pear pieces, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, lemon juice and cornstarch until pear pieces are evenly coated. Transfer pear mixture to prepared baking dish.
- 1 of 3 In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the flour, 4 tablespoons sugar, the baking powder, salt and cinnamon until well blended. Cut in the shortening with a pastry blender, or pulse the mixture in a food processor until the mixture forms coarse crumbs.
- 2 of 3 In small bowl, whisk together the pear nectar and egg. Add to the flour mixture along with the sesame seeds; stir just until combined. Drop the batter by heaping spoonfuls onto top of pear mixture (photo 3). Sprinkle top with remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- 3 of 3 Bake cobbler in 350 degree F oven for 40 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and the top is browned. Let cobbler cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Serve slightly warm with scoops of ice cream, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 315 kcal cal., 61 g carb., 4 g pro., 27 mg chol., 8 g Fat, total, 2 g sat. fat, 256 mg sodium, 4 g fiber