Cheese and Onion Bread Casserole
- 1 of 5 Whisk together eggs, milk and nutmeg in large bowl. Add bread cubes. Let mixture stand 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2 of 5 Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. Add onion, sugar, salt and pepper; cook over medium-low heat until onion is very tender, 15 minutes.
- 3 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees . Coat 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 4 of 5 Spoon half of bread mixture into baking dish. Top with half of onion mixture. Repeat with the remaining bread and onion. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 5 of 5 Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until puffed and golden. Let cool slightly before serving.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 733 mg sodium, 397 kcal cal., 40 g carb., 18 g pro., 141 mg chol., 13 g Fat, total, 8 g sat. fat, 3 g fiber