- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 6-cup souffle dish with cooking spray.
- 2 of 6 Melt butter in saucepan. Stir in flour, salt and pepper; cook, stirring, 1 minute until blended. Stir in milk until smooth; cook, stirring, until sauce thickens and bubbles, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Stir in chives. Transfer to large bowl; cool.
- 3 of 6 Beat egg yolks in small bowl until thick. Fold into cheese mixture.
- 4 of 6 Beat whites with cream of tartar in large bowl until soft peaks form. Stir one-quarter of whites into sauce; fold in remaining whites. Pour into prepared dish.
- 5 of 6 For top-hat effect, run tip of teaspoon in groove around souffle mixture, 1-1/4 inches from dish edge.
- 6 of 6 Bake in 350 degrees F oven 45 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 281 mg chol., 10 g carb., 32 g Fat, total, 409 kcal cal., 21 g pro., 454 mg sodium