Fall Butternut Squash Risotto
- 1 of 5 In a medium saucepan, bring broth and 1 cup water to a simmer. Keep at a low simmer.
- 2 of 5 Heat oil in large heavybottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring to coat. Add wine; cook 1 minute or until wine is absorbed.
- 3 of 5 Add 1/2 cup of the simmering broth mixture; cook over medium-low heat, stirring, until all broth is absorbed. Add remaining broth mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, cooking in the same manner for 20 to 25 minutes until all liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 4 of 5 Stir in butternut squash and heat through. Remove from heat and stir in cheese, salt, pepper and sage. Serve immediately.
- 5 of 5 EDITOR'S NOTE: For a heartier dish, stir in shredded cooked chicken or cooked Italian seasoned chicken sausage, sliced into coins.
Servings Per Recipe:
Per Serving: 16 g Fat, total, 434 kcal cal., 715 mg sodium, 12 g pro., 5 g fiber, 58 g carb., 6 g sat. fat, 6 mg chol.