- 1 of 6 Heat oil in a deep pot over medium heat until it registers 370 to 375 degrees on a deep-fat fry thermometer.
- 2 of 6 Mix cornmeal, 1/3 cup of the flour, the pepper, cayenne and salt in a large resealable plastic bag.
- 3 of 6 Whisk milk and egg together in a medium bowl.
- 4 of 6 Cut pickles into spears (about 8 per pickle). Blot dry on paper towels and toss in a bowl with remaining 1/2 cup flour.
- 5 of 6 Dip 8 to 10 spears in egg mixture, then add to bag with cornmeal mixture. Shake to coat pickles. Spread spears onto a rack and continue with all spears (in batches of 8 to 10).
- 6 of 6 Fry one batch of pickles for 3 minutes until golden. Transfer to a paper towel and repeat with all batches, returning oil to 375 degrees before adding each batch. Serve with ranch dressing.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Per Serving: 2 g pro., 595 mg sodium, 12 g carb., 1 g fiber, 16 mg chol., 2 g sat. fat, 142 kcal cal., 9 g Fat, total, 0 null Mark as Free Exchange