- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2 of 5 Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
- 3 of 5 Spoon 1/3 cup batter into each of 14 mini gingerbread boy molds, 4-3/4 x 4-1/4 x 1-1/4-inch. If you have fewer than 14, repeat.
- 4 of 5 Bake in 350 degrees F oven 15 to 20 minutes, until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove cakes from pans to rack to cool.
- 5 of 5 Prepare Royal Icing. Divide into batches. Tint frosting different colors, leaving one batch white.
- 1 of 4 Drummer: Frost cake. Use marshmallow-half for drum, other half for hat; black string licorice for drumsticks; mini-marshmallows for drumstick tips. Pipe on icing for decorations. Place tiny star on hat.
- 2 of 4 Angel: Attach angel wing cookies (from 5-ounce package) to back of cakes with icing. Frost as desired. Pipe on icing for decorations. Use green circle candy with 2 mini red hots for wreath.
- 3 of 4 Snowman: Frost as desired. Pipe icing dots all over snowman for snow. Use 2 licorice coins for crown of hat, chocolate wafer trimmed to 1-1/2 inches for brim. Use trimmed orange jelly candy for nose, and pretzel for broom handle if desired. Pipe on other decorations.
- 4 of 4 Chocolate-Covered Snowman: Pour Chocolate Ganache (recipe follows) over cakes set on rack placed over waxed paper; smooth with spatula. Place red licorice in hand; pipe on stripes with icing. Pipe on icing for other decorations.
Servings Per Recipe: