Lemon-Poppy Seed Cake
- 1 of 6 Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour 12-cup (10-inch) tube or Bundt pan.
- 2 of 6 Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl.
- 3 of 6 Beat together butter and 3/4 cup of the sugar in large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in the 3 eggs, one at a time.
- 4 of 6 Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk to egg mixture, starting and ending with dry ingredients and beating well after each addition; beat until smooth. Beat in poppy seeds and lemon rind.
- 5 of 6 Beat remaining 4 egg whites in large bowl until foamy. Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar until soft peaks form. Fold into batter until no white remains. Scrape into the prepared pan.
- 6 of 6 Bake in 325 degree F oven 45 to 50 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched with finger. Let stand 15 minutes. Loosen cake around tube and sides with spatula; invert onto rack to cool completely. Spoon or drizzle Lemon Glaze over top of cake, letting it drip down sides. Sprinkle with lemon rind if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 14
Per Serving: 308 mg sodium, 6 g pro., 317 kcal cal., 12 g Fat, total, 48 g carb., 70 mg chol.