Citrus Game Hens with Roasted Potatoes
Prepare Cornish Hens:
- 1 of 3 Split hens down center. Place hens, skin side down, in two 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dishes.
- 2 of 3 To make marinade, combine juice concentrate, lemon juice, chili sauce, Worcestershire and honey in bowl. Pour evenly over hens in baking dishes. Cover hens and refrigerate for up to 1 day, turning occasionally. (Can be frozen for up to 1 month; thaw in refrigerator before using).
- 3 of 3 Remove hens from refrigerator 1 hour before cooking. Turn hens in dishes; brush with marinade in dishes. Sprinkle on thyme.
- 1 of 2 Toss red and sweet potatoes, shallots, oil, thyme, 1 teaspoon coarse salt and pepper in bowl. Place in foil-lined roasting pan.
- 2 of 2 Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place potatoes on top rack in oven, hens in center of oven. Bake hens and potatoes for 40 minutes or until vegetables are fork-tender and meat is no longer pink near bone (185 degrees F on instant-read meat thermometer). Stir potatoes and baste hens with marinade halfway through cooking. Transfer hens and potato mixture to platter; cover and keep warm.
- 1 of 2 Strain cooking juices from hens into 4-cup glass measure; defat (you should have 1 cup juices; add water or chicken broth to equal 2 cups). Place in saucepan with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to boiling. Stir in dissolved cornstarch mixture. Boil, stirring, until thickened, 1 minute.
- 2 of 2 Garnish hens with thyme, lemon and orange. Serve with sauce.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 45 g pro., 40 g carb., 26 g Fat, total, 134 mg chol., 951 mg sodium, 573 kcal cal.