Assorted Hard Rolls
- 1 of 6 Prepare Basic White Bread through Step 5. After punching down dough, divide dough in half.
- 2 of 6 On lightly floured surface, roll half of dough into 12-inch rope. Cut into six 2-inch lengths. Repeat with other half of dough.
- 3 of 6 Cup your hand over one piece of dough; roll dough into smooth ball on lightly floured surface. Repeat with remaining dough to form total of 12 rolls.
- 4 of 6 Place the rolls on lightly greased baking sheets. If desired, cut a cross into the top of each roll with a single-edge razor blade or sharp thin knife. Cover; let rise in a warm place, away from drafts, until doubled in volume, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 5 of 6 Brush egg-water mixture over rolls. Sprinkle with poppy seeds, sesame seeds or keep the rolls plain.
- 6 of 6 Bake in 400 degrees F oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crusty. Remove with spatula to wire rack to cool briefly.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 18 mg chol., 0 g sat. fat, 24 g carb., 1 g Fat, total, 122 kcal cal., 4 g pro., 398 mg sodium, 1 g fiber