Grilled Flatbreads with Garlic-Rosemary Oil
- 1 of 1 In a small saucepan, combine first 4 ingredients and heat over low about 10 minutes, until fragrant. Remove pan from heat and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 of 7 In a small bowl, stir first 3 ingredients to blend. Let stand 5 minutes, until foamy.
- 2 of 7 In a food processor, combine flour and salt and process to blend. With machine running, add yeast mixture and 1 tbsp garlic oil and process just until dough comes together. Transfer dough to a work surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- 3 of 7 Divide dough into 8 pieces (about 3 oz each) and shape into balls. Place on an oiled baking sheet and rub lightly with some garlic oil. Cover with a piece of oiled plastic wrap and let rise in a warm, draft-free spot for about 45 minutes, until doubled in size.
- 4 of 7 Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill grates.
- 5 of 7 Using a rolling pin, roll each dough ball out on a floured work surface into a thin 11 x 5-inch oval (the shape does not have to be perfect). Set flatbreads aside on oiled baking sheets.
- 6 of 7 Working in batches, brush flatbreads with garlic oil and lay them on grill grate. Grill 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side, until grill marks form and flatbreads are cooked through. Wrap in a clean kitchen towel to keep warm.
- 7 of 7 To serve, brush flatbreads with more garlic oil, if desired. Serve with any remaining oil for dipping.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 9 g Fat, total, 238 kcal cal., 1 g sugar, 1 g fiber, 33 g carb., 1 g sat. fat, 5 g pro., 482 mg sodium