Greek Lamb Burgers with Yogurt Sauce
- 1 of 1 Heat gas grill to medium or prepare charcoal grill with medium-hot coals.
- 1 of 2 In a large bowl, add the ground lamb, yogurt, mint, Greek seasoning, lemon zest, garlic and salt. Stir until combined.
- 2 of 2 Form lamb mixture into 6 patties, 1 inch thick, about 7 ounces each. Cover and refrigerate while making yogurt sauce.
- 1 of 3 In a medium bowl, add the yogurt, feta cheese, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2 of 3 Grill burgers on the heated grill for 12 to 13 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, turning halfway through cooking time.
- 3 of 3 Cut 1-1/2 inches off top of pita bread. Insert a lamb burger, a few cucumber slices, tomato slice and lettuce leaf into each pita. Serve with yogurt sauce on the side.
- 1 of 1 Heat broiler. Coat broiler-pan rack with cooking spray. Place the lamb burgers on rack. Broil 4 inches from the heat, following directions in step 5.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 137 mg chol., 14 g sat. fat, 41 g carb., 30 g Fat, total, 599 kcal cal., 40 g pro., 958 mg sodium, 2 g fiber