Greek-Style Lamb Chops
- 1 of 6 Bring a large pot of salted water to boiling (to cook the orzo).
- 2 of 6 Season the lamb chops with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the pepper.
- 3 of 6 Heat 12-inch nonstick saute pan or skillet briefly over medium-high heat; add olive oil. When oil sizzles, add lamb chops and saute for 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- 4 of 6 Meanwhile, add the orzo to the boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- 5 of 6 Add 1/2 cup of the chicken broth to the pan. Cook over medium-high heat, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, olives, remaining 1/2 cup broth, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Add the mint, oregano, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cook for an additional minute.
- 6 of 6 Drain the orzo and spoon onto a large serving platter. Arrange the lamb chops over the orzo. Spoon the tomato and olive mixture over the top. Garnish with additional mint and lemon slices, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 2 g fiber, 856 mg sodium, 585 kcal cal., 42 g pro., 47 g carb., 24 g Fat, total, 114 mg chol., 7 g sat. fat