Carrot Cake Trifle
- 1 of 1 Boil water and sugar in small saucepan 1 minute, stirring to dissolve sugar. Let cool; add rum.
- 1 of 5 Place one cake layer on work surface; slice horizontally in half, using toothpicks as guide. Repeat with second layer, for total of 4 layers.
- 2 of 5 Beat cheese in bowl on medium-high until smooth and fluffy, 3 minutes. Add 1 tablespoon sugar, vanilla, rind; beat to combine.
- 3 of 5 Beat cream in clean bowl until foamy. Add remaining 3 tablespoons sugar; beat until soft peaks. Stir one-quarter of whipped cream into cheese mixture to lighten. Fold in remainder.
- 4 of 5 Place cake layer in 14- to 16-cup glass trifle bowl, cutting to fit if necessary. Brush top with quarter of syrup. Arrange quarter of pineapple chunks over cake; spread with quarter of cream cheese mixture. Repeat layering 2 more times, pressing down.
- 5 of 5 Top with last cake layer; brush with remaining syrup. Place remaining pineapple around edge of dish. Spoon remaining cream cheese in middle. Refrigerate, covered, at least 4 hours or overnight. Garnish, if desired.
Servings Per Recipe: 24
Per Serving: 55 mg chol., 7 g sat. fat, 24 g carb., 15 g Fat, total, 242 kcal cal., 3 g pro., 163 mg sodium, 1 g fiber