Pistachio Torte With Cranberry Curd
- 1 of 4 Heat oven to 325 degrees F degrees . Line jelly-roll pan with waxed paper. Combine nuts, flour and salt in bowl.
- 2 of 4 Beat whites, cream of tartar in bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in 1/2 cup sugar until firm peaks form.
- 3 of 4 Beat yolks and remaining sugar in bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in oil and vanilla. Fold yolk mixture into whites. Fold in nut mixture in 3 additions. Spread in prepared pan.
- 4 of 4 Bake in 325 degree F oven 20 minutes, until center springs back when lightly pressed. Remove from pan; remove paper; cool right side up. Trim sides; cut crosswise into thirds. (Can be made month ahead. Stack pieces with waxed paper; wrap; freeze.)
- 1 of 1 Simmer berries, sugar, ginger and water in saucepan 5 minutes. Force through sieve; discard solids. Whisk cornstarch into puree. Return to saucepan. Cook 1 minute to thicken. Place in bowl; cool slightly, 15 minutes. Whisk in butter. Cool. Refrigerate. (Can be made up to 5 days ahead.)
- 1 of 1 Beat cream and sugar in bowl until stiff peaks form. Reserve one-third for serving.
- 1 of 1 Place a cake layer on serving plate. Spread half of cranberry curd evenly over top. Top with cake layer; spread with remaining whipped cream. Top with third layer; spread on remaining curd. Serve with reserved whipped cream. Garnish with cranberries, pistachios and grape-ivy leaves if desired. Makes 12 servings.
Servings Per Recipe: 12
Per Serving: 51 g carb., 11 g pro., 535 kcal cal., 135 mg sodium, 158 mg chol., 35 g Fat, total