Strawberry-filled Coconut Cake
- 1 of 1 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat two 8-inch round cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottoms of pans with waxed paper, and spray paper.
- 1 of 4 In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 2 of 4 In another large bowl, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and coconut extracts; beat until combined.
- 3 of 4 On low speed, beat in flour mixture in three additions, alternating with coconut milk. Beat well after each addition. Fold in chopped coconut. Divide batter equally between prepared pans.
- 4 of 4 Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove cake layers from pans and cool completely.
- 1 of 2 In large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla. On low speed, beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth.
- 2 of 2 Trim cake layers level if crowned. Place one cake layer on a plate. Spread top with preserves. Add remaining cake layer. Spread top and sides of cake with frosting. Remove skewers. Gently press shredded coconut onto sides of cake. Refrigerate 1 hour before slicing.
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Per Serving: 550 kcal cal., 5 g pro., 72 g carb., 1 g fiber, 240 mg sodium, 29 g Fat, total, 87 mg chol., 20 g sat. fat