Strawberry Swirl Shortcakes
- 1 of 7 Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2 of 7 Stir strawberries and 2 tablespoons of the sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- 3 of 7 In a second small bowl, combine lemon peel and 3 tablespoons of the sugar and stir until blended; set aside.
- 4 of 7 In large bowl, stir together biscuit mix and 2/3 cup of the milk until a soft dough forms. Turn out onto a well-floured surface. Roll into an 18 x 8-inch rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick. Brush with remaining 1 tablespoon milk, then sprinkle with lemon-sugar mixture. Roll up, starting at a short end. Cut into 8 slices, each about 1 inch thick.
- 5 of 7 Place slices on baking sheet, reshaping to flatten slightly. Bake at 450 degrees F for 9 to 10 minutes or until golden.
- 6 of 7 While biscuits cool, beat heavy cream and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a medium-size bowl with an electric mixer on high until stiff peaks form.
- 7 of 7 Split biscuits in half horizontally. For each serving, place one biscuit bottom on plate and spoon a scant 1/4 cup strawberries over top; dollop 2 tablespoons whipped cream over strawberry slices. Cover with biscuit top and repeat with another layer of strawberries and whipped cream.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 43 g carb., 5 g pro., 334 kcal cal., 3 g fiber, 495 mg sodium, 44 mg chol., 17 g Fat, total, 9 g sat. fat