Makeover Mac and Cheese
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 375 degrees . Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta. Cook according to package directions, about 8 minutes. Drain.
- 2 of 5 Meanwhile, melt 1 tbsp butter in a small skillet. Add bread crumbs and cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in parsley.
- 3 of 5 In a saucepan, melt 2 tbsp butter over medium. Whisk in flour; cook 1 minute. While whisking, add milk, onion, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and simmer 3 minutes.
- 4 of 5 Stir 1 1/2 cups cheddar into milk mixture, then stir pasta into cheese sauce. Divide among 6 individual skillets or small pots. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar and the bread crumbs.
- 5 of 5 Bake 15 minutes. Increase heat to broil. Broil 3 minutes and serve.
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Per Serving: 73 g carb., 9 g sugar, 0 g fiber, 794 mg sodium, 25 g pro., 599 kcal cal., 12 g sat. fat, 22 g Fat, total