Mango Crab Cake Sliders
Photo by Christopher Testani
- 1 of 5 Pick through crab and add to a large bowl along with half the mango mixture, 1/2 cup panko, the mayonnaise, shallot, egg, 1 tbsp lemon juice and next 4 ingredients. Form into scant 1/4-cup cakes and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 2 of 5 Dredge both sides of crab cakes in 1/2 cup panko. Refrigerate at least 10 minutes.
- 3 of 5 Add remaining mango mixture and 1/2 cup water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring often and smashing. Reduce until almost all water evaporates, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1 tsp lemon juice.
- 4 of 5 While mango relish is cooking, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Carefully add 5 crab cakes; cook 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate to keep warm. Repeat with remaining crab cakes.
- 5 of 5 Slice sweet rolls in half and build each slider with 1 tbsp salad greens, a crab cake and mango relish. Serve warm.
Servings Per Recipe: 5
Per Serving: 211 mg sodium, 9 g pro., 1 g fiber, 11 g sugar, 3 g sat. fat, 28 g carb., 254 kcal cal., 13 g Fat, total