Meatballs & Gravy
- 1 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place a rack on a baking sheet and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2 of 5 In a large bowl, mix ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, garlic salt, 1/2 teaspoon of the Italian seasoning and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper. Form into 40 meatballs, about 1 level tablespoon each. Place on prepared rack over baking sheet.
- 3 of 5 Bake meatballs at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes.
- 4 of 5 Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms and cook 6 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally or until lightly browned. Sprinkle flour over the mixture, stir and cook 1 minute. Gradually stir in beef broth until the flour is completely incorporated into the liquid. Bring to a simmer. Stir in the remaining 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon pepper and the nutmeg.
- 5 of 5 Add meatballs to the skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with buttered egg noodles and steamed spinach.
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Per Serving: 4 g sat. fat, 1 g fiber, 123 mg chol., 11 g Fat, total, 13 g carb., 849 mg sodium, 30 g pro., 280 kcal cal.