Melissa Cookston's Maple-Chipotle Baked Beans from Scratch
Photo courtesy of Melissa Cookston
- 1 of 5 Drain soaked beans, then place in stockpot and cover with water to about 1 inch above beans. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 1 hour, adding water if necessary. Drain beans.
- 2 of 5 Cook bacon in a pan until crisp. Remove bacon, leaving rendered fat in pan. Crumble bacon after it cools.
- 3 of 5 Add onions and bell peppers and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened but not translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- 4 of 5 Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large baking dish, add beans, onion mixture from skillet and remaining ingredients, including Basic BBQ Rub. Mix well.
- 5 of 5 Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until beans are tender and liquids have thickened around beans.
Servings Per Recipe: 6