Baked Ziti With Crumb Topping
- 1 of 7 Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 12 x 8-inch glass baking dish with nonstick vegetable-oil cooking spray.
- 2 of 7 Cook the ziti following the package directions.
- 3 of 7 Meanwhile, melt butter in medium-size heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add flour; cook 2 minutes, whisking until smooth. Whisk in 1 cup evaporated milk. Gradually whisk in remaining milk, 1 cup at a time, until smooth. Stir in salt. Bring to to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, whisking, 2 minutes, until thickened.
- 4 of 7 Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the cheeses and the mustard until the cheeses are melted and well blended.
- 5 of 7 Drain the ziti well in a colander; return ziti to pot. Add cheese sauce and stir to coat pasta well. Scrape into prepared dish.
- 6 of 7 Combine crumbs, Parmesan and butter in bowl. Sprinkle over ziti.
- 7 of 7 Bake in 350 degree F oven 25 minutes, until bubbly and browned. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 26 g pro., 54 g carb., 569 kcal cal., 2 g fiber, 799 mg sodium, 88 mg chol., 17 g sat. fat, 27 g Fat, total