- 1 of 4 In large resealable plastic bag, combine brown sugar, bourbon, apple juice and pepper. Add salmon, seal and shake to distribute. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, turning over after an hour or so.
- 2 of 4 Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spread chopped pecans on baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes or until toasted. In small bowl, combine toasted nuts, 1 tablespoon melted butter and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt.
- 3 of 4 Coat top of broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray. Remove salmon from marinade, reserving marinade. Place salmon on prepared pan, skin-side down. Sprinkle remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt on salmon. Gently press the pecan mixture over the salmon. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 4 of 4 Meanwhile, place marinade in small saucepan; boil 3 minutes. Serve salmon with lemon angel hair pasta or trio of treats, if desired.
Lemon Angel-hair Pasta:
- 1 of 1 Cook 1 pound angel hair pasta and 1/2 pound cleaned snow peas in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain. Combine 1 stick salted butter, melted, 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind, 3 tablespoons lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper. Toss with pasta and snow peas.
Trio of Treats:
- 1 of 1 Toss 1 cup roasted peanuts with 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce and 1 teaspoon sugar. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Serve alongside bowls of rice crackers and wasabi peas.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Per Serving: 2 g fiber, 388 mg sodium, 124 mg chol., 41 g Fat, total, 12 g sat. fat, 20 g carb., 34 g pro., 607 kcal cal.